Cooler temps are heading our way in Monroe and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are a few of the benefits that storm doors deliver during Monroe winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather approaches:
- Check weather stripping. When your weather stripping is loose, cold air can find its way in and influence your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella of Connecticut professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to create a tighter seal and enhance your window and door performance.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, like deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to come into your home. Chat with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Monroe.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Monroe a call at 203-295-4486 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.