In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to add value to your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to achieve the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—do you want your kitchen to be energy efficient? Have a particular finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your house. What function do you want this space to serve? What do you like to use the kitchen for most frequently? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. File all your receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use when you are ready to sell your home in the future.
- Focus only on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen running efficiently for a long time.
- Forget stick with the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you think you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget about windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can tie in an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and deliver you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 203-295-4486, stop by our Monroe showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.