Fall is upon us in Monroe, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our homes. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and include some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a big impact on a person’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to the doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should reflect it. Gourds and pumpkins always provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string some together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of heaping fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a charming scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Monroe a call at 203-295-4486 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!